for all of our personal photos & ideas that must be shared...



I'm a Mormon.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Alphabet Canvas Boards

A few months ago I made these alphabet boards for my kid's rooms. If you want to make them you will need:

-a canvas board (I believe mine were 16x20")
-Mod Podge glue
-foam brush
-2 packs of alphabet playing cards (mine are from: http://www.mymindseye.com/AlphabetSoup/AlphabetSoup.asp)
-acrylic paint

I painted both canvas boards with cream acrylic paint. After they dried, I painted the edge in an accent color (pink for Julia's board, blue for Jack's). Then, I laid out the playing cards on my board. You will need 2 packs of cards for one board, or 3 packs of cards for 2 boards. The reason being that you will need 2 extra cards to fill in so that each row has 7 cards. Since the alphabet only has 26 letters, you will need 2 more cards faced backwards (see my heart cards below) to fill in where there are not enough letters. I added the adhesive to the back of each card, placed them on the board, and then did a few coats of Mod Podge on top to seal it. It's an easy project that yields adorable results, in my opinion :)




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment